Scientific degree: MD professor
Scientific position: professor
Department: Department of Nephrology, Kidney Transplantation & Hypertension
OrcID No: 0000-0002-6814-6589
- since 2000 is the head of Department of Nephrology, Kidney Transplantation & Hypertension
- chairman of Scientific Board of Children’s Memorial Health Institute for 14 years
- twice elected as President of Polish Pediatric Nephrology Association. He has served as a chairman of the scientific committee of ESPN (European Society of Paediatric Nephrology) congress in Portugal, 2014.
- currenty – vice-chairman of the National Board of Transplantation (Poland).
- contributed to several research projects, including EU ESCAPE Trial, projects driven by international CERTAIN platform and several Europan RCTs in pediatric renal transplantation
- published over 340 peer- reviewed papers (129 indexed in PubMed) and contributed to more than 40 book chapter
- co-editor of great Pediatrics (manual; Polish; ed. 2013 and 2018)
Qualifications and trainings:
- graduated in nephrology, pediatric nephrology, clinical transplantology and pediatrics
- other medical/research skills: extracorporeal therapy (of all kind); co-editor in several scientific journals
- research and clinical work mainly devoted to renal transplantation, immunosuppression in transplantation and renal diseases, renal replacement therapy and ethical issues in nephrology