Scientific degree: MD dr hab.
Scientific position: CMHI professor
Department: Department of Biochemistry, Radioimmunology and Experimental Medicine
OrcID No: 0000-0001-8475-7112
- Associate Professor at the Department of Biochemistry, Radioimmunology and Experimental Medicine at the Children’s Memorial Health Institute in Warsaw
- the chairman of the European Vitamin D Association (EVIDAS)
- published over 200 peer-reviewed articles and chapters in books; (till date about 60 indexed in pubmed)
Qualifications and trainings:
- specialist in clinical densitometry (Certified Clinical Densitometrist, CCD) and vitamin D metabolism
- other peripheral qualifications: disturbances of calcium-phosphate metabolism, disturbances of bone tissue metabolism, body composition and biological development, basics of statistics, GLP, research methodology
His research work was devoted primarily to densitometry (DXA and pQCT) as a non-invasive method for assessing bone mass and body composition during growth and maturation. Another area of interest is the metabolism of vitamin D and the importance of vitamin D for human health.