Scientific degree: PhD
Scientific position: assistant professor
Department: Pathology Unit
- biologist with a specialization in molecular biology
- assistant professor at the Department of Pathology at The Children’s Memorial Health Institute (CHMI) in Warsaw
- in 2006 defended doctoral thesis in the field of materials engineering, devoted to biocompatibility of biomaterials
- co-author of 45 publications, including 16 publications from the Philadelphia list (ISI Master Journal List), 5 review papers and 1 monograph
- head of the NCN project and two CHMI grants
- participated in 16 research projects (1 international, 14 external and 1 CHMI project)
- member of the National Chamber of Laboratory Diagnosticians and the Polish Society of Cell Biology
Qualifications and trainings:
- laboratory diagnostician; during the specialization in the field of “Laboratory Medical Genetics”.
- molecular diagnostics of solid childhood cancers.
- studies of the structure and elemental composition of tissues using scanning electron microscopy with X-ray microanalysis and studies of enterocytes ultrastructure and intercellular junctions in the epithelium of the small intestine of children with celiac disease.
- investigations of cellular structures by immunofluorescence methods in a confocal microscope.
- biocompatibility studies of biomaterials
- Molecular disorders in brain tumors in children.
- Structure and role of intercellular junctions for cell / tissue biology.
- Modulation of cellular response by extracellular matrix / substratum